Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Curly’s BBQ. Throughout 2017, I’ll be sharing delicious recipes featuring their products. As always, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I’ve always been a believer that there are few things better in this world than a really good sandwich.
Of course, one can – and possibly would – argue that. Sandwiches, really?!
Put aside all the pasta, the burgers, the tacos, the pizza – and let’s just get real with a delicious sandwich. We’re talking the perfect bread, just the right amount of condiments to whatever is stacked inside ratio, served maybe (yes!) with a side of chips. Don’t let a mediocre sandwich tell you otherwise.
And this pulled pork banh mi is exactly where it’s at! We’re adding a fun BBQ twist to a traditional sammie by combining some delicious Curly’s BBQ pulled pork and some super simple pickled vegetables. Smash it all together in a hoagie, and that’s a good sandwich.
For this recipe, I’ve partnered with Curly’s to celebrate their 30th birthday in a big way! When you’re celebrating anything – especially a monumental birthday – you need only the best food to feed a crowd. And you need it quick! quick! You can make this recipe in 30 minutes or less, which is perfect for Curly’s 30th birthday.
I thought these pulled pork banh mi sandwiches would be a fun (and different!) way to celebrate. Not only are they so flavorful and filling, but they are SO simple to throw together too. Quick and easy are two KEY words everyone like’s to hear when making party food.
These banh mi’s are perfect to feed the whole family… and maybe even a few extra guests who stop by to celebrate unexpectedly! There’s always bound to be at least one or two, right?
Be sure to check out Curly’s website to find out a bit more about all their awesome products – and head to the refrigerated meat section in your grocery store to get your hands on some. Serve up these pulled pork banh mi’s and lets celebrate Curly’s 30th birthday!
- 2-3 pounds Curly's BBQ Pulled Pork
- Hoagie rolls
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced thinly
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thinly
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 large carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced thinly
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- To make the quick pickled veggies: Bring the ½ cup water and ½ cup vinegar to a boil in a small pan. Stir in the sugar and salt until dissolved. Add the sliced carrots and radishes to a large jar or bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables. Let the vegetables sit at room temperature in the jar for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat pulled pork according to Curly's package directions.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the hoagies in half, then split it down the center. Place cut-side up on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise to both sides of the hoagies. Add the pulled pork, then a spoonful of the pickled carrots and radishes, and a few slices of jalapeno and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper and cilantro and serve!