Holiday cocktails make everything better, don’t they?
It’s not even a question. Because, of course they do.
Festive, fun, delicious – yep, I’ll take two.
Three of my favorite fruity things this time of year are going in this punch. I know most of apple season is already out the door, but I thought we could squeeze in a Thanksgiving cocktail (or seven) using up the last of our favorite apple cider.
Also if I could get my hands on really good quality apple cider year round, I would be ecstatic. But I guess the anticipation is the fun part every year? Maybe?
So apple cider, cranberries, pomegranates! Cinnamon sticks and even some star anise for an added touch.
Oh and to make things even more festive, there is even a cinnamon sugar rim!
We’re pretty much pulling out all the clichés and really getting into the Thanksgiving spirit with this one.
This punch is a perfect cocktail to serve on Thanksgiving (maybe a pre-dinner drink, perhaps?) – it’s fruity, tangy, bubbly – nothing too heavy that will take away room you saved for the Thanksgiving feast.
Because this has apple cider and a splash of cranberry juice, you’d think it be a pretty sweet drink, yeah? Well I’m not to big on overly-sweet cocktails, so I added a litttttttle bit of dry champagne to balance it out.
“Balance it out.” AKA, I wanted to add champagne.
Also as a little side note – the directions/ingredients below are for one drink – but you can easily multiple it for multiple drinks (as seen in photos!), and even REALLY multiple it to make a big pitcher of it.
At least that way, you can keep refilling your glass and no one would even notice. Now that is definitely one way to make Thanksgiving a really great time.
- Sugar and ground cinnamon, for the rim
- Lemon wedge
- 3 ounces apple cider
- 1½ ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces dry champagne
- Cranberries, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon sticks, star anise (completely optional), for garnish
- Place the sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Rim a glass with a lemon wedge and dip in the cinnamon sugar to coat the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the cider, cranberry juice, vodka, and lemon juice over the ice. Fill the rest of the glass with the champagne.
- Garnish with cranberries, pomegranate seeds and cinnamon stick.