I’m feeling so disconnected from all of you lately!
I know it’s not the case, but it feels like it’s been forever. Can we just have a normal chat sometime again soon?
I think a lot of bloggers can relate, summer is just this weird time for us. I heard a lot of people talk about it and noticed it the past two summers – but the time between June-middle of August are a little strange.
On one hand, it’s great – it means that people are out enjoying vacations, time with family, weekend get togethers (and it means I can do the same without a ton of guilt!). But on the other hand, it’s my absolute favorite time to cook, and I have all these ideas running through my head but only half of them make it to the blog.
Where’s the middle ground? If anyone has found it, share your secrets.
Honestly though, this summer has flown by at lighting speed for me — so it’s probably been for the best that I’ve had time for other things these past couple of months.
Now that school is starting (or has started!) again soon, and September is on the horizon – I’m getting that blog homesick feeling. But with the wedding one month out from tomorrow and a honeymoon to follow, it will probably be October before I really feel home again.
I suppose a wedding and honeymoon is a legit (and freaking exciting) reason to feel this way right? Jk, of course it is.
Like I want to tell you all about this pizza! I’ve had it for a couple of weeks now and I’ve been dying to share it with you for a few reasons. One because, hello – BBQ chicken pizza is just amazing. But two, because grilling pizza with all the best summer ingredients is the way we should go out in August.
The best part is, that it’s a super easy one too, I’m pretty sure you probably have a good handful of the ingredients already in your kitchen. Hell – I’ll even let you buy the pizza dough at the store to save some time.
Fire up the grill, grab the chicken you cooked during your Sunday meal prep and give it a good shred. Take the corn, onion, and those gorgeous little tomatoes you got from the Farmer’s market, and that shredded cheese (there is always shredded cheese in the fridge!) – and throw it all over your favorite BBQ sauce.
Sprinkle some scallions and cilantro on top to make yourself feel fancy, and we’ve got one heck of a pizza.
So good, I think we’ll make it again this week.
- 1 pizza dough (store bought or use my homemade method!)
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup fresh cooked corn
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat your grill to high heat.
- Let the pizza dough sit out at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Then lightly flour a clean surface and roll the pizza dough out to desired shape (make sure it will fit on the grill!). Grill the pizza dough (bare) for 3-4 minutes, until the bottom is cooked through.
- Remove, then brush the dough with BBQ sauce, cheese chicken, corn, red onion, and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Place the pizza back on the grill and cook 8-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown, and cooked through. Top with scallions and cilantro, and a good pinch of red pepper flakes!