Add this one to the weekly dinner rotation!
Oh, and it’s great for lunch too. But you probably guessed that!
How was everyone’s weekend? Is it hotter than hell where you are too? Saturday I went to the pool and lasted about .5 seconds before I just jumped in and remained for the next two hours. Lazily laying out is definitely not an option in this heat, so I’d rather turn into a prune. I basically read an entire book during those two hours, and it was nice to zone out into another world.
We are just under the two month mark until my wedding (ahhh!!), so my down time these days is spent either prepping ahead for the blog or crossing crafts/the little details off my wedding list. For the most part I haven’t felt too overwhelmed with everything yet, but I’ve definitely had my moments, and I’m sure there will be a few more to come as it gets closer. Normal, right? Right.
Since a lot of my other down time is going to recipe testing/shooting, I’ve been doing my best to incorporate a good range — and yet I keep finding myself grilling everything.
It’s the combination of the heat and the time spent focusing on “the other stuff” that keeps pushing me towards the grill. It’s quick and easy – and then you take that simple piece of grilled chicken and crank it up with some blueberry peach salsa!
Peach season is back baby!
Peaches are one of my favorite foods to cook and bake with. I love a good juicy peach on its own, but I love even more when it’s the star of a dish!
And it steals the show with this one. It brings life to that simple piece of grilled chicken, and when it’s tossed together with some blueberries, cucumber, jalapeno and a little bit of lime – I mean, I could just eat it right out of the bowl.
Ah yes, I did that too nevermind. Scoop it on top of the chicken and then grab some chips – because we can’t waste a single drop of that salsa. Savor every last drop!
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 peaches, diced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cucumber, diced
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brush both sides with olive oil. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes on both sides.
- While the chicken is grilling, prep the salsa. In a medium-size bowl, add the diced peaches, blueberries, cucumber, jalapeno, and basil. Add lime juice and zest and season with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- To serve, add a couple of scoops of the salsa on top of the grilled chicken!