Raise your hand if you ate all the food in sight this weekend.
Double hands up, guilty as charged.
Apps, snacks, booze, ice cream, cookies, burgers – checkmate.
I did manage to squeeze some grilled veggies, a salad, and fresh fruit in there somewhere.
As expected, I’m in desperate need of a few days off (only to let myself go again on the weekend) – and a super fruity summer smoothie is always a good way to get started!
And if you’re feeling anything like me today – aka: you probably stayed up too late watching fireworks, ate more than you should’ve, and you’re moving a little slower than normal right now – then something quick, easy, fruity, and summery sounds like it should be right up your alley.
Also – “moving slow” is actually pretty pathetic for me because I got more sleep this past weekend than I have in a really long time. But, to be expected — right?
So this smoothie is literally packed to the brim with so much fruit! I normally like to sneak some veggies into the mix, but an all-fruit smoothie just seemed like the better way to go on a super hot July day. Since my peach obsession is at an all-time high right now, I want to incorporate them into as many recipes as possible – and a smoothie sounded like a refreshing (and easy) way to go.
Also, I really thought about turning this beautiful concoction into popsicles (and probably will) – but decided to stick to smoothies because the turnaround time is much quicker, and realistically my patience to sit 4-6 hours and wait for these to freeze was extremely limited this weekend.
Because I obviously had important things to do – like sit at the pool and read all day.
So whether you decide to throw this into some popsicle molds, or sip on it while you’re catching up on reality this week – this fruity combination is the perfect way to recover from the weekend.
Sweet – but not too sweet; fruity – but balanced. Not to mention, they’re fun, colorful, and so damn delicious!
Oh and if we were still celebrating the long weekend, I’d maybe even slip some vodka in here? But I guess we’ll have to wait until Friday to try that out.
- 2 fresh peaches, diced
- ¾ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup almond (or regular) milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries (blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1 banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- For the bottom layer: Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until well combined. If smoothie is too thick, add a little bit more milk to the mixture and pulse until desired consistency.
- For the top layer: add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until well combined. If smoothie is too thick, add a little bit of milk to the blender and pulse until smooth.
- Evenly divide the bottom layer into 4 different glasses, then top with the berry layer. Use a butter knife or wooden skewer to swirl around and enjoy!